Daytime Nighttime All Through the Year
Written by Diane Lang
Illustrated by Andrea Gabriel
The author chose fun rhyme and relatable actions for each page of this informative new book. Each month, she highlights both a diurnal and nocturnal animal and what each animal might be doing in that month. The reader sees a bald eagle catching fish and a coyote pack howling and prowling in January. To a tortoise eating cactus flowers and an opossum carrying her young in May. And a snake sunning and a cougar tracking prey in December.
The illustrator brings obvious knowledge of the animals and their habitats. The illustrations are simple yet educational and always accurate.
This is a wonderful addition to a nature library and a good place to start for studying these animals.
So while you are sleeping,
And when you arise,
Lead busy lives.
- Title: Daytime Nighttime All Through the Year
- Author: Diane Lang
- Illustrator: Andrea Gabriel
- Published: Dawn Publications, September 1, 2017
- Reviewer: Sue Poduska
- Format: Paperback, 32 pages
- Grade Level: PreK to 3
- Genre: Creative Nonfiction, Nature
- ISBN: 978-1-58469-607-0
- Extras: Explore More for Kids: Busy Day and Night; Explore More for Teachers and Parents: More About the Animals, Teachable Moments