He’s Your Daddy: Ducklings, Joeys, Kits, and More
Written by Charline Profiri
Illustrated by Andrea Gabriel
With entertaining rhyme and beautiful and detailed illustrations, the reader learns a lot about the names of baby animals and what their fathers are called. There are a few surprises along the way, such as hatchlings growing up to be either a bird … or a dinosaur. But most are familiar, or at least expected. “If you were a sweet, adorable calf, your daddy might be a towering giraffe.”
In the Explore More sections, the author includes fun games for reinforcing what has been learned and for interaction with adults plus more facts about the animals featured. A chart even shows the many animals for which the same baby name is used. Even kitten has seven animals listed other than cat.
The best use for this cute book is as a read aloud, either at home or in a classroom, so adults can guide readers toward as much learning as possible and discuss what daddys mean to the readers.
- Title: He’s Your Daddy: Ducklings, Joeys, Kits, and More
- Author: Charline Profiri
- Illustrator: Andrea Gabriel
- Published: Dawn Publications, 2018
- Reviewer: Sue Poduska
- Format: Paperback, 32 pages
- Grade Level: 1 to2
- Genre: Picture Book, Nature, Baby Animals
- ISBN: 978-1-58469-626-1
- Extras: Explore More – For Kids, Explore More – For Teachers and Parents, More Nature Awareness Books from Dawn Publications